Our technology inevitably comes with us when we travel. Most of us won’t even travel to the end of the block without our smartphones. When you go on a trip, not having your technology there when you need it can ruin your day. Travel smarter and more securely by doing several checks before you go.
Our handy tech travel checklist can help you protect your technology and personal information:
1. Back up important files such as documents, pictures, and videos, to an external hard drive or cloud storage. You will have a copy in case your device is lost or stolen.
2. Use a password manager: A password manager is a great way to store passwords securely on the go.
3. Enable MFA for online accounts that offer it.
4. Use a VPN (virtual private network) which encrypts your internet connection to makes it more difficult for hackers to access your information.
5. Be aware of public Wi-Fi. They're often unsecured and can expose your personal information.
By taking these precautions, you can help protect your technology and personal information while you're traveling. As always, if you need any help with your tech needs, contact us.